Co-Operative Education Program
Write a reflective essay (minimum 2 pages) on your Co-Operative Education experience based on the guidelines below:
identify your career of exploration through your community placement,
-You can provide some background on the type of business your host is into.
- Make a connection to how that might help you get to where you want to go with your career,...or it may simply be have been an exploratory exercise or an placement of convenience.
Reflect back on your experience
- You may want to highlight your duties while you were there
- The kinds things that you were exposed to or observed
have you learned about the career you are exploring and
your the expectation of
the world of work?
- Is it what you thought
- Is it for you? What makes you think so, or not?
benefits have you received from your Co-Op experience?
- What kinds of skills did you learn?
- What connections did you make?
Self assess the effect of what your learned about yourself/your personal management
- What have been challenges to you?....what were not, why not?
- What discoveries did you make that you didn't expect?
the Co-op experience met the
expectation you had at the beginning of the
-What has been the best part? The worst part?
the Co-Op experience helping you with your educational and
career plans? ....How?
Do you plan to pursue your Co-Op career of exploration after high school? Why or why not?