The mandate of Community Based Learning 10 is to provide students practical
experiences and activities that will instill in them a readiness for
Co-operative Education courses.
Community Based Learning 10 outcomes:
- Demonstrate an understanding of and appreciation to their community and
- Demonstrate the behaviors and attitudes of active citizenship
- Demonstrate a growth and understanding of the importance of safety in
the home, workplace and community
- Apply fundamental skills, including communication, managing information,
using numbers and problem solving
- Apply Personal management skills, including positive attitudes and
behaviors, responsibility, adaptability and life long learning
- Apply teamwork skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of skills and knowledge related to a range
of careers and community roles
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal growth
- Expand the range of artifacts within their LifeWork portfolio
- Demonstrate the skills and attitudes required to be successful in a
co-operative education course
We will try to do 3 mini work placements, test drives and a number of
tours of various establishments.
Safety is always a priority.