"CLICK" for Student Sample
Once a student has participated in a one or two day mini co-op they are to
reflect upon, and record their experience. This a
record of their work and a testimony of how they felt about their experience
which makes it an excellent entry for their portfolio.
It is up to the student to decide on the format in which to record and
deliver just what they experienced and their thoughts about what they were
exposed to. For example, it maybe a PowerPoint presentation or
an essay type of record.
No matter the format, Students
should make it attractive and neat as it is intended as a major entry for their
portfolio. The use of images and so on is strongly encouraged to
personalize the exercise and make much more interesting and attractive. Students
are recommended to make use of pictures taken while on the job by the teacher or
the host, as well as images from the internet of the work place and/or the
product or service provided at that place of work.
All submissions need contain the following elements:
A title or title page
- Whether it is a banner or a background, pictures, colour to enhance the
look is highly recommended
- Indentify yourself and what type of work you might like to do and why.
- Explain how ended up choosing your host.
- Identify where you did your placement and why you chose this place of
work. (Don't forget to describe the type of business)
- An introduction to the host business and role they play in our
community.<< perhaps you might include their logo and/or a picture of their
of your Experience cation)
- A general description of the kind of work you were exposed to. <<Describe
basically how your day unfolded. (What time you started,... how many hours
you worked, ...what kind of introduction did you get, ... did you start with
- Write a summary of just how it went, what you saw or observed, as well
as what you actually got to do.
- Describe your participation or involvement through out the activity
- Include what you learned
- A picture taken by the teacher, student (if possible) or from the
internet of the place and/or that type of work is strongly recommended
- Be sure to include what impressed you most, what impressed you least
- Would you like to return, why?/why not
- Did it go as planned? Was it worth while? What would you like to see
changed or different next time?
- Has the experience had any impact on your career direction, explain.