Prepare a PowerPoint presentation designed to help new people to our area
become quickly familiar with your community. This project was actually inspired
by a request from the RCMP who was looking for a reference to quickly have new
recruits become orientated to the area.
- Each project should open with a proper title page and introduction to
your geographical area.
- If you live in a place like Roseburn or Bluesmills, you would include
Whycocomagh. If you live in Glencoe, you would include the PortHood area. In
other words, make sure you are tied to a center like Mabou that has
businesses and so on.
- You need to include pictures to help visualize the area. hyperlinks,
even maps would be a
great help as well
- Identify the businesses, including their name, what they do, and contact
- Be sure that you categorize or organize your lists of businesses, places
to stay, attractions and so on
- Answer questions like where to eat, places to stay, get your hair
done, what services are available and any special attractions
- Let the culture shine through by highlighting events, celebrations and
the people themselves.
You will need to research some answers and discover just what is right there
on your own doorstep.